Re: Default theme (fwd)

Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us
Tue, 29 May 2001 11:01:30 -0500

> To all those people out there that think the default theme 'sucks' and
> that all those themes on as.theme.org are just the 'bomb'; in your face!
> :)
> | d a v i d  @  m i h m

even

What exactly are "nice-looking themes" in your understanding ?
Any concrete examples/criterias ?

Some of the problems I'm having with default theme/config are these:
1) it is easy on the eyes but it definately leaves one with "boring"
feeling - clearly lacks coolness factor. There are many ways to produce
easy on the eyes theme that looks cool at the same time.

2) set of buttons in Wharf resembles X windows of the early 90s - couple
terms,
Xeyes and a clock. More comprehensive set has to be defined, with,
possibly,
unavailable items being removed at compile time by configure script. That
should
also include folder of buttons to launch editor for any AfterStep config
file.

3) KDE and GNOME menus has to be added to the root menu. ( again, removable
at
compile time )

4) 4 desks in Pager sounds like too much, IMHO it should be reduced to 2
and pager
itself should be bigger ( scale in base config should be smaller ).

Actually I'm thinking about removing scale from base config and moving it
into the Pager config, since that's really pertains to Pager only.

> the default one would be a good idea, so I can see whether I want to go
> the bother of downloading and installing!
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Steven Pemberton

Cheers
Sasha