finding xpm.h (fwd)

David Mihm (dmihm@rchitecture.com)
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:50:13 -0500 (CDT)

...while we get the bugs address worked out, here's a BUG. [ Also when
replying to this gent, please CC to him as well (Bill <wjb24@columbia.edu>].
--
| d a v i d  @  m i h m
| webmaster  @  afterstep.org
--

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 02:18:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: Bill <wjb24@columbia.edu>
To: webmaster@afterstep.org
Subject: finding xpm.h

I originally sent this to bugs@afterstep.org but it bounced, so please
foward it to whomever it should be fowarded to.

Hi,
this probably isn't a bug, but I couldn't subscribe to the afterstep
mailing list (majordomo@afterstep.org bounced back), so I didn't know
where else to turn, sorry.  Problem is: in trying to compile afterstep on
Solaris 2.8, gcc can't find xpm.h even when I specified it on the command
line as recommended in README.SOLARIS:
 $ make CDEBUGFLAGS=-I~/xpm-3.4g
when xpm.h definitely does exist in ~/xpm-3.4g/X11.  A number of errors
occur a la
 gcc -O2  -Wall -fPIC  -I/usr/openwin/include
 -I/p/sy/wjb24/xpm-3.4g/X11     -c x_pager.c
 x_pager.c:42: X11/xpm.h: No such file or directory
 make[1]: *** [x_pager.o] Error 1
so of course compilation dies eventually.  Any ideas?  gcc is ignoring my
command line arguments?

Also, you may want to consider documenting config.cache, maybe I'm slow,
but it took me a long time to realize I had to rm it to make configure
work exactly the way I wanted it to, and not keep repeating the same
incorrect configuration.  Thanks for your time.

Bill