RE: Two display, two config : HOW ?

Gammon, John P (gammonj@indy.raytheon.com)
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:26:48 -0500

<...snip...>

----Original Message-----
Subject: Re: Afterstep Classic

an old .steprc file is posted at:

http://www.cypiper.com/steprc

I find the multiple config files extremely cumbersome for Afterstep...
so much for progress... hehehe
<...snip...>

HTH!!

John Gammon

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc x [mailto:marcj59@yahoo.fr]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 2:02 AM
To: as-users@afterstep.org
Subject: Re: Two display, two config : HOW ?

 --- David Mihm <dmihm@rchitecture.com> a écrit :

> I will assume the first question is 'How to not use
> the same config files for
> a second head'.  The straight answer is it's not
> possible, however there
> appears to be a hack method - on the second head
> (the one you start as
> afterstep [-s?] -d :0.1) use the -f switch with a
> newly created .steprc file.
> I have no idea if this will actually work. :)
That's an idea. Never tought of it. Where may I find
the syntax of this quite old .steprc file ? I remember
using one, but that was quite some time ago... And I
don't think it is in the current AS doc...

> It'd have to be an X thing, and I don't see any such
> method in the docs.
I've heard of a program called x2x, but my first test
aren't succesfull...

Anyway, thanks for your answers !

Bye,
Marc