Re: Aterm, Rxvt, Xterm...

Bob McClure Jr (robertmcclure@earthlink.net)
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:37:00 -0500

Your /etc/bashrc has this line:

 PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -ne "\033]0;${USER}@${HOSTNAME}: ${PWD}\007"'

which causes bash to send a new title command to your *term.  I regard
that as a very desirable thing, but if you would rather it didn't,
then comment it out or override it somewhere with an

 unset PROMPT_COMMAND

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 08:26:06PM -0400, ^(o,o)^ Turk2000 wrote:
> Hi All!
>
>   I'm noticing that Aterm, Rxvt, Xterm
> never display the title bar in spite of
> I had put the following row in afterstep
> start menu configure file:
>
> Exec "AfterStep terminal" exec aterm -geometry 80x25 -tr -tint pink -sh 60
> -bg black -fg white -cr gold -pr green -fn 10x20 -title "Server C3POPOV" &
>
> but they show the current directory, ie:
>
> turk2000@linux: /home/groups/INTRANET/turk2000
>
> rather than
>
> Server C3POPOV
>
> Why?
> Sorry, for my bad English.
> Thanks for all.
> Byte!

Cheers,
--
Bob McClure, Jr.            | Aren't you glad you're not getting
Bobcat Open Systems, Inc.   | all the government you pay for now?