Re: Sloppy Focus

Bob McClure Jr (robertmcclure@earthlink.net)
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:50:26 -0500

AS looks first in your ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/ tree and then in
the global install directory tree, usually
/usr/local/share/afterstep/.  Move your changed files to your ~/G/L/A
tree, and I bet your changes will work.  That's the way mine is set
up.  I'd leave alone the stuff in /usr/local/share/afterstep/ because
it is likely to be overwritten the next time you install an upgraded
version.

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 05:03:16PM +0200, Theo Bierman wrote:
> Hi all, decided to switch from wmaker to afterstep and ran into some trouble. I am trying to get the effect where if you move the mouse over a terminal it not only gives the window focus but brings it to the foreground to. I have uncommented sloppy focus in feel.AutoRaise feel.ClickToFocus feel.AutoRaise feel.DEFAULT etc. Should these files be in /usr/local/share/afterstep/feels/ or /home/theo/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/ because they are currently in another directory altogether.
>
> Also, I can't alt+tab between windows, I thought I had uncommented the appropriate lines in the feel.* files but obviously not.
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Theo Bierman
> Customer Implementation Team
> UUNET S.A., a WorldCom Company
> Tel: +27 11 235-6621
> Fax: +27 11 235-6501
> E-Mail:  theo@za.uu.net
> Customer Service Centre:  08600 UUNET / 08600 88638
> http://www.uunet.co.za

Cheers,
--
Bob McClure, Jr.            | Two words God has never used:
Bobcat Open Systems, Inc.   | "Uh oh."