Re: Sloppy Focus

M.-A. DARCHE (ma.darche@free.fr)
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:20:37 +0200

On 20010821 13:02 (Tuesday), Theo Bierman wrote:
> > Those settings are to be found in your "feels" file :
> >
> > ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/feels/yourFeels.conf
>
> I can't find this file, what version are you using, I'm using
> version 1.8.9, would this make a difference?

I'm using the same version of AfterStep.

When I say yourFeels.conf, I mean really any file that could be your
feel file. Just put any custom feel file inside this directory of yours.

Please also note that the extension (here .conf) is totally irrelevant.
I personally use .conf to automatically associate the wanted filetype,
when I edit my AfterStep files with VIM, which gives me the proper
syntax highlighting :
au BufNewFile,BufRead *.conf,*.props,*.properties,*.list,wharf set ft=config

In case you are interested, my VIM configuration file :
http://ma.darche.free.fr/conf/.vimrc

My look n' feel files if you want some more examples :
http://ma.darche.free.fr/conf/warmMetalFeel.conf
http://ma.darche.free.fr/conf/warmMetalLook.conf

So to summarize :
1. Edit a feel file (use whatever name you want, eg yourCustomFile)
2. Put it in ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/feels/
3. Your file should appear on the menu now,
   select it now : Desktop -> Feel -> yourCustomFile

This will work.

Cheers,

--
Marc-Aurčle DARCHE  <http://ma.darche.free.fr>