Re: Crash with XFree86 4.03/4.1, AS1.8.0/1.8.9, matrox G400

David Mihm (dmihm@rchitecture.com)
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 08:59:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Aug 20 Marc MacIntyre mumbles:

> Let's see - I'm using the driver (1.3) from matrox, kernel 2.4.2-2(smp).
> I don't think I tweaked the install much, so it may have been running
> dri, but I'm not sure.
> No power settings on the monitor.  Sometimes it would crash when I was
> running the screensaver, sometimes when I wasn't - asmon applet killed it at
> startup every time, though.
> Usually, it would happen when I wasn't at the computer - away at work, or
> whatever, and I'd come home to find it at the login prompt.

You might want to uncomment the line 'Option "omit xfree86-dga"' in your
XF86Config.  This might be the root of the crashes as it is a known buggy
feature for some cards.  If it's already uncommented, then disregard