Re: Wharf problem

Geoff Burling (llywrch@agora.rdrop.com)
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 12:36:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Lars Madsen wrote:

> I'm having at bit of problems customizing the wharf.
>
> If I choose an icon which did not come with AfterStep, it doesn't show up
> on the wharf, eventhough  I've put the file with all the others.

Does your base file (e.g., base.24bpp) point to the proper directory that
this icon file live in? That would be the first place I'd look.

> I was also trying to get  XBiff to be swallowed into the wharf, but this
> isn't working either, if doesn't start xbiff, but when I start xbiff by
> hand afterwards it places itself on the wharf without being told so.
>
> Any solutions

What is the entry in the ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/wharf file? I've
found all of my problems in getting an application swallowed & working in
the wharf can be fixed by making the entry correct.

Off the top of my head, I'd guess that you haven't proved a fully-qualified
path to xbiff for wharf to find the executable; in other words, are you
specifying ``xbiff" or ``/usr/X11R6/bin/xbiff"? The later form is the
fully-qualified one, & always works in my experience.

Geoff