RE: Re: Want follow-focus, not sloppy-focus (?)

turnerjw2@netscape.net
Mon, 01 Oct 2001 17:45:26 -0400

I use "Click-to-focus" and have whined about this before, but I think
my problem is related -- *MOST* of the time when I click anywhere
on a non-focused window, it gets the focus and moves to the front (as I
would expect), but *SOMETIMES* (and this is very agravating when you click
and start to type only to find out your typing is going into a different
window! :(  ) the newly clicked window moves to the front, but the
PREVIOUSLY-FOCUSED window KEEPS the keyboard focus.  To correct this, I
must click on the TITLE bar to get the new window to take the keyboard.
Could this be related?  I use Afterstep almost exclusively, but have
never noticed it in another window-manager (and M$-Windows NEVER does
this!)

Jim Turner