Re: looking for lpd monitor wharfable AS applet

Geoff Burling (geoff@agora.rdrop.com)
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:00:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001, Etienne Herlent wrote:

> C'est le 7/10/01 à 14:04 +0200, que Etienne Herlent m'écrivait:
> >I am looking for an applet which can be wharfable and  can monitor one or
> >more lpd queues.
>
> I finaly found what I was looking for. In fact, I made it.
> It's here : <http://webperso.easyconnect.fr/eherlent/tc/aslpmon.en.html>,
> french version at
> <http://webperso.easyconnect.fr/eherlent/linuxmac_aslpmon.html>
>
> I wrote it on LinuxPPC 2000. I don't know if it works on other unix-like
> OSes, and I need help for that.

Hi Etienne --

Just a preliminary report on your applet. I downloaded it, & can report that
it compiles & appears to work on Linux for i86 processor. (Well, to be
precise, kernel 2.2.18 on dual PII 400Mhz with AfterStep 1.8.9.) I say
``appears" because I'm still fiddling with it in order to understand how
it works & how to write the configuration file.

I found what appears to be a minor bug, though. When I run ``aslpmon -h",
it returns (with other things):

17/06/99  Release 1.0 beta2
Copyright (C) 1999  Sam Hawker <shawkie@geocities.com>
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This software is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions
See the README file for details.

Shouldn't that be YOUR name on the second line?

Geoff Burling