Re: aterm

chris dunn (chris@dunnz.org)
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 20:13:48 -0500

Andrew, thanks for your persistence. I think I'm starting to move
outside my comfort zone now, and likely off topic, but please bear with
me.

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001 18:30:17 -0500
Andrew Ferguson <andrew@owsla.cjb.net> wrote:

> Permissions? mtab? Have you tried compliling aterm from source?

Surely it can't be a permissions problem if I log in as root and still
can't run an aterm?

I believe mtab should show mounted partitions. Should it then show
/dev/pts if /dev/pts is included in my fstab? Certainly /proc shows up
in mtab. /dev/pts does not show up in mtab, even though included in
fstab.

If I try "mount /dev/pts" as root I get:
mount: fs type devpts not supported by kernel
something wrong here?

I did compile from source. Is there a binary available? If so where? I'd
like to give that a shot as well.