Re: Re: xglobe as background

John Gruenenfelder (johng@bach.as.arizona.edu)
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 21:41:36 -0700

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 08:41:13PM -0500, turnerjw2@netscape.net wrote:
>I use "xplanet" for my background, and all I have to do is include
>the following in my "autoexec" file:
>
>        Exec "I"  exec xplanetbg -nice 19 -wait 1800 -night_image earth_night.jpg -cloud_image newclouds0_1600.jpg -observer -98,32.5 -markerfile ~/.xearth
>
>Try something similar for "xglobe"  The above command works from the
>command-line, I just remove the "Exec "I"  exec " part.

I believe this works so well for you because xplanet actually knows about
asetroot.  xglobe does not.  xplanet behaves very well with AfterStep and is
in general a nicer and more featureful program, though it does take a little
longer to render the images (but they sure look nice).

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, Steward Observatory, U of Arizona
johng@as.arizona.edu