Re: CVS Build Question

Geoff Burling (llywrch@agora.rdrop.com)
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:53:07 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Sasha Vasko wrote:

> Geoff Burling wrote:
>
> > Tonight I tried to compile the current snapshot of AfterStep, only to
> > get upwards of a thousand lines of warnings & error messages.
> >
> > I suspect that the problem lies in the fact I'm currently using an
> > older version of XFree, 3.3.5. (I'm in the process of updating to
> > 4.1.0.) Can I safely assume that this version of XFree is no longer
> > supported? Or would someone like a copy of make's output?
>

> Yep, there is that problem. Last night I tried to compile as-stable on
> my old powerPC that runs some centuries old RedHat-based mkLinux, and
> I've gotten tons of errors/warnings. Interestingly enough as-devel
> compiled fine, at least libraries portion of it :).
> I belive it could be fixed rather easily, but its kinda low on my
> priorities right now, so if you'd like to go and fix it I'll happily
> apply the patch. Basically what you need is to take very first error and
> go and check X headers agains what is attempted to be used from AS.
> I think culprit is in several structures, like VisualInfo, etc. and
> maybe you'll need to include additional headers in some places.

Heh. You know what you are asking for, right? Or are you just looking for
something to keep me too busy to post? ;)

(To everyone with CVS access: quickly back up what's there before I
start touching it!)

BTW, I looked at the web page for libAfterImage. It looks very nice,
with lots of useful documentation.

Geoff