RE: Windowplacement

Chung, Joo (jchung@gnilink.net)
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 15:47:05 -0500

I've done this before with Afterstep v1.0. Its been a long time since I've
done it and unfortunately don't recall which file I had to update. I never
made a patch for it. Sorry I can't help you there. I guess the only thing I
can tell you is that, yes it is possible and that you do have to change the
source to do it.

Joo

-----Original Message-----
From: as-users-admin@afterstep.org
[mailto:as-users-admin@afterstep.org]On Behalf Of Gerhard Siegesmund
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 3:07 PM
To: as-users@afterstep.org
Subject: Windowplacement

Hello List

First: I love Afterstep and use it everywhere possible... :-)

Question: Right now I have set SmartPlacement and RandomPlacement. But
unfortunately this places small windows to the right of other windows. I
would love this behaviour to change to put new windows under (not
behind!) other windows. Maybe ASCII-Art will help understanding me...
:-)

---------------- ---------------
| First Window | |  New Window |    <- Default behaviour
---------------- ---------------

But I would like

----------------
| First Window |
----------------
---------------
|  New Window |

So. Is this possible or do I have to change the source? It seems to me,
that maybe only two loops have to be changed. But before I take a look I
better ask if this allready is possible. :-)

btw: I use AfterStep version 1.8.7.

TIA

--
cu