Re: Remembering window positions

Geoff Burling (llywrch@agora.rdrop.com)
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:24:51 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, James wrote:

> Can I make Afterstep remember the placement of windows when I close
> them?

The file .workspace_state in ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep will recall the
location of some of the windows. (At least the ones launched by an
xterm-like program.)

Try it & see if .workspace_state saves the settings. Sometimes it will
try to launch the window or app, & this will only produce an error
message.

> Stuff like Mozilla and Emacs, etc. I know some programs remember where
> they were placed, but not all do.
>
> Or will I just have to use the geometry settings myself?

Geoff