Re: StarMenu with shell script

Geoff Burling (llywrch@agora.rdrop.com)
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:40:00 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, OneWay wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm new mailinglist user.
> I use AS 1.8.10 with source compilation on Debian 2.2r3
>
> Is someone able to tell me how can I do to have shell script command
> actif in StarMenu ?
> Example : in .../start/1_myscript
>     Exec "Myscript" exec myScript &
>
> myScript is useful in xterminal, but StartMenu item is inactif (in
> stipple style).

If StarMenu works like Wharf, I'd use the -e switch in xterm to start it,
e.g.:

Exec "Myscript" xterm -e myScript &

I have the following lines in Wharf to launch a couple of non-X applications:

 *Wharf pine writeletter.xpm Exec "pine" rxvt -geometry +0+17 +sb -T 'Pine for
Geoff' -e pine &
 *Wharf slrn ThreePeople.xpm Exec "slrn" rxvt -geometry 99x36+0+38 +sb -T
'Slrn' -e Newsreader &

If this what you are looking for?

Geoff