Re: Keybinding and modifiers

Bartosz Wucke (
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:31:04 +0100

Christof wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 12:30:22AM +0100, Andre Canis wrote:
>>Christof <> writes:
>>>It works, but my winkeys arent Hyper_L or Hyper_R but Mode_switch - i
>>>type polish letters with it. And your solution doesnt work with
>>>Mode_switch :( 
>>Do you have an AltGr Key on the right side of the space bar? On my
>>keyboard, that key (keycode 113) is used as Mode_switch.
> I have not AltGr...

That's an alias name for "Right Alt" Don't you have that really?

>>And you don't need both Win keys as Mode_switch - you could still
>>remap one of them.
>Yes, but it is nice and convenient to me to have 2 Mod_switches.
>What is Scroll Lock used for? I never use it, maybe should i remap it ? :)
It's supposed to do with stdout what ctrl-s does with stdin - pause it.

Sometimes you can scroll up and down with arrow keys then, but only few apps
support such feature. You can use it to see the BIOS status page if it 
vanishes too quickly ;)
Theoretically you could use it to scroll up the text on Linux console, but 
kill me if I know how to do that.
I'm not sure, but I think remapping it could be hard - it's a special "lock" 
key, like numlock or capslock, so it's not used like standard 'character' or 
'shift' keys.
								B. Wucke

The AfterStep Window Manager for X User's Mailing List