Re: random aterm tinting

Jeff Couillard (JCouillard@claytongrp.com)
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 02:06:01 -0400

[automated reply]
I will be out of the office until Thursday, April 18th.  Please contact
the Clayton helpdesk at 248-344-8575 for immediate assistance.

Jeff Couillard, CNE
Senior Network Engineer
Clayton Group Services
(248) 344-8563
(248) 344-0229 - Fax

>>> "as-users@afterstep.org" 04/11/02 01:35 >>>

> rishuken@icqmail.com wrote:
> > How do you get aterm to cycle through using different tints (red,
> > blue, yellow) etc with each instance of aterm?  In Eterm you can do
it
> > with %random(red, blue, yellow).

I found a program at freshmeat called Randomise (ver 0.0.0).  Compiled
it
and put it in my /bin directory.  I created a directory full of files
named after the colors I wanted to use in my tinting.  Do a "touch red
green blue yellow purple" in a directory.

I then created a bash script with the following:

aterm -tint `basename $(find ~/.aterm -type f | randomise)`

the program, randomise, will randomize the files found in ~/.aterm and
choose one of the files you touched.  basename strips the preceding
useless directory path info and then you have just the name of the
color.
aterm will then tint with that color.    Works great.