Re: Wharf docking

Bartosz Wucke (sharp@solutions.net.pl)
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 23:44:06 +0200

kaymm2 wrote:

> Thanks, that worked but like you said there is an empty space.  I have
> dialup access so I only want to have certain dockapps launch when I'm
> online.  I want to have asmodem/wmnetload/licq and other net related
> dockapps launch only when I'm online.  extra tiles that are created still
> take up space so I guess there is no way what I want.

Maybe use two wharfs, one "permanent" and one "online" which you would start
when you go online? (how to create two wharfs is described in the FAQ of
Afterstep that's in the distribution) Another trick is to drop all the online
apps into a Wharf "folder" section (click to scroll-open) and open it when you
go online. The minus is that you need to close the folder if you want to
launch anything from Wharf. (anyone knows workaround?)