Re: Wharf docking

kaymm2 (kaymm2@softhome.net)
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 23:20:02 -0700

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 23:44:06 +0200
Bartosz Wucke <sharp@solutions.net.pl> wrote:

> Maybe use two wharfs, one "permanent" and one "online" which you would
> start when you go online? (how to create two wharfs is described in the
> FAQ of Afterstep that's in the distribution) Another trick is to drop
> all the online apps into a Wharf "folder" section (click to scroll-open)
> and open it when you go online. The minus is that you need to close the
> folder if you want to launch anything from Wharf. (anyone knows
> workaround?)

That's the answer!!

Francisco suggested using a Zharf while you suggested using another Wharf
in a folder.  I merged the 2 ideas.

I created another Wharf and called it "Wharf2".  Then added this to my
.ppprc:

## launch some stuff when connected
init "esdplay ~/files/wav/connected.wav && Wharf2 &"

## Kill them all!!!!
disconnect "esdplay ~/files/wav/disconnected.wav && killall Wharf2 &&
killall netload && killall asmodem && killall licq &"

Now when I connect, pppd launches the extra dockapps and kills it when I
disconnect.  Thanks guys, why didn't I think of this.