Re: Mixer.app + AfterStep : wharf problem

M.-A. DARCHE (ma.darche@cynode.org)
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 19:06:44 +0200

On 2002-04-13 12:51 (Saturday), Andrew Ferguson wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Apr 2002 11:13:18 M.-A. DARCHE wrote:
> >So, should/could AS have code to cope with this XSetWMHints call ?
> >Anyway, even if AS doesn't honor those requests, it shouldn't blank the
> >applet.
>
> I have no idea if this had been taken care of in the development tree,
> I've been out of the loop since September

Well too bad.
I hope you still believe in AS though, as we faithful users do :-)

> the best bet is to email the maintainer of the applet and explain
> to them how they can make their applet work for both WM and AfterStep.

I was waiting for a kind of "official" answer from the AS maintainers
before bothering Mixer.app's maintainer.
My first concern was to be able to run Mixer.app for myself ;-)

> Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net) is the person to ask about making the
> change in AfterStep.

Sasha reads this mailing list, doesn't he ? So if he doesn't answer this
question, I guess it means "too busy to do it right now".

So I'll just wait for some days, and then I'll submit some doc and a patch
for AfterStep to the Mixer.app's maintainer.

Cheers,

--
Marc-Aurčle DARCHE  <http://www.cynode.org>
AFUL <http://www.aful.org>