Re: Mixer.app + AfterStep : wharf problem

M.-A. DARCHE (ma.darche@cynode.org)
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:04:51 +0200

On 2002-04-13 11:28 (Saturday), kaymm2 wrote:
> I'm having a similar problem with wmnetload, it doesn't swallow into the
> wharf.  I run it with the following "wmnetload -w" it doesn't have values
> for WM_CLASS or WM_NAME, so the wharf won't swallow it.

Sorry, I don't use wmnetload and don't have it installed right now.

But considering the page :
http://www.bensinclair.com/dockapp/showcat.php3?type=Network
WMnet and wmnetload have similar features.
WMnet just behaves great with AfterStep, and I think that WMnet looks
better than wmnetload.

So if you have problems with wmnetload, just maybe switch to WMnet ?

wmnetload seems quite new, so maybe the maintainer would be pleased to
know that it'd better if he's app had a WM_CLASS and a WM_NAME. Let him
know!

But if you're right about wmnetload, the problems here are not similar,
because wmnetload don't give enough information to the outside world,
while Mixer.app asks "too much" of the outside world (at least to
AfterStep).

Cheers,

--
Marc-Aurčle DARCHE  <http://www.cynode.org>