Re: Setup for xinerama

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 14:31:03 -0500

Edward Vigmond wrote:
> Hello
>
> How do I set up afterstep for xinerama? I have been using afterstep for
> years (love the configurability) and have recently added a second video
> card to my PC running Linux. Now, when I log in, I get two aftersteps
> running, one on each screen. I can pop windows up on either screen but
> cannot change mouse or keyboard focus.

You should be able to do that. What version of AS you running ? 1.8.11
is what you should use.
In fact AS allows you to have different look and feel on each screen and
launch different modules on each screen. Same goes for background image.

AS a side note, the way you have it set up now has nothing to do with
xinerama - you simply run two X servers - one for each screen. Xinerama
is when two screens are treated as one huge screen. For that you need to
setup your XFree86 properly (there is some documentation for that)

xinerama is also supported by AS, althou you don't need to set anything
up for that, other then XF86.

> twm works fine. The keyboard focus switches to where the new window pops
> up. What do I have to do with afterstep? Do I have to change something
> in my .xesession?
>
> Thanks

Sasha

..