Re: Setup for xinerama

Edward Vigmond (vigmond@ucalgary.ca)
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:46:48 -0600

Sasha

Thanks for the reply. I am now clearer on what Xinerama is supposed to
do and what dual headed is. I am still having problems with AS 1.8.11. I
am not sure if their is a Xinerama problem with my video cards (2 NVIDIA
GeForce2's, 1 PCI and 1 AGP).

If I run a dual headed machine (2 screens for the X server as reported
by xdpyinfo), and I use twm, I can specify which screen to open a window
on and the keyboard focus follows the new window. Under AS, the window
will pop up on the right screen but the keyboard focus remains. I can't
get it to change screens.

Running in xinerama mode, I just get my one monitor duplicated on the
other monitor. The X server says I have only one screen. I am using
XFree86 4.2.0. I have read and followed the xinerama How-To but am not
getting the desired effect.

--
Dr. Edward Vigmond
University of Calgary