Re: Xmame

Mark J. Tilford (tilford@ugcs.caltech.edu)
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 07:42:17 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, ^(o,o)^ Turk2000 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Do you know whi xmame doesn't work fine with afterstep? I'm having
> problems to use keyboard during the game.
> Thanks.

Which combinations of keys don't work?  If, for example, Control+Direction
doesn't seem to be received, then its possible that afterstep is
intercepting it.

Go to ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/feels/
Find the feel you're using and look through it.  See what key assignments
are used.  And if any of them are the same as what's giving you trouble,
that's the problem.

To fix it, simply make a copy of that feel and remove any lines that use
keystrokes you'll need in mame.  Then switch to that feel whenever you
need to.