Re: scroll bars and wheel mouse

Jeff Couillard (JCouillard@claytongrp.com)
Sun, 19 May 2002 05:21:18 -0400

[automated reply]
I will be out of the office until Thursday, May 23rd.  Please contact
the Clayton helpdesk at 248-344-8575 for immediate assistance.

Jeff Couillard, CNE
Senior Network Engineer
Clayton Group Services
(248) 344-8563
(248) 344-0229 - Fax

>>> "as-users@afterstep.org" 05/19/02 05:22 >>>

Hi!

It's more the configuration of XWindows, as was
already correctly pointed out. The lines in
the XF86Config will be something like:
Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "IMPS/2"
    Device      "/dev/psaux"
    Buttons 5
    ZAxisMapping 4 5
EndSection

Most of the newer applications support the wheel
automatically, for others you will have to figure
out how to enable the wheel or map it to something
useful.

Albert

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Kevan Riley wrote:

>  I have been using AS for about 5 years off and on.
> It is may favorite still!  Recently I did a new
> install of Red Hat 7.2.  I took defaults for
> windowing.  That got me gnome and sawfish.  So I
> downloaded and installed AS.  Before I changed over I
> noticed something I did not think was possible, and I
> want in!  The wheel om my MS IntelliMouse mouse works
> for all the scrollbars in gnome/sawfish?
>
> Can AS and gnome behave like this?  I have to use MS
> windows alot and I have really grown fond of the
> wheel.  But I have not had any success making it work
> in X, and here in Sawfish it works for everything!
> but, I want to run AS.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> =====
>    __
>  _(  )  Kevan P. Riley
> (____)  mailto:kriley@pophost.com
>    |    visit my web page at:
>   /\    http://www.kriley.net
> ___*__  Amature Radio: KD4RMR

Albert Tigr Dorofeev  -  albert at tigr.net  -  http://www.tigr.net/
GPG fingerprint = EDF4 CEA9 4CBF 0FAF 02B3  5839 B871 C957 3953 115F