Re: Compilation issues

Frank Gore (fgore@sympatico.ca)
09 Jun 2002 15:21:27 -0400

On Sun, 2002-06-09 at 01:38, Geoff Burling wrote:

> Meanwhile, has anyone had success compiling the afterstep-stable snapshop?
> I've tried a new version of XFree86, & different revs of gcc. Next to try
> is compiling & installing libAfter first, then run the compile.

Ironically, I've had no problems at all compiling the latest
afterstep-stable snapshot. And it runs just fine too (it's what I'm
currently using). I don't do anything special to get it to work though.
I do set my compile flags to "-O3 -march=i686 -mcpu=i686", but wouldn't
that make it less likely for me to compile it successfully?

Frank