Re: Changing windows in a workspace.

Bill Carlson (wcarlson@vh.org)
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:08:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Prapanna Tiwari wrote:

> I am novice user of Afterstep. I have been trying to find a way
> to configure a key map to change windows in a workspace. I was
> able to do that. I am using WrapFore and WrapBack. However, this makes
> the focus iterate through all the widows in a workspace. Is anybody
> aware of a way to go to the next window only it the current screen
> area. I have 4 screens (views) in a given workspace and I want to
> iterate through the windows open only in the current screen of the
> workspace.
>
> I hope I was able to mention the problem clearly.

I use the following, though it only works one way. The fore window is
moved to the back, continous use of Alt-Tab allows one to cycle through
the windows:

Key Tab         A       M       RaiseLower

I used to use WarpBack to "unwrap" the effect, but recent versions of
AfterStep use the behavior you mentioned, it "unwraps" windows on other
screens. Or at least last time I played with it.

$.02

Bill Carlson
--
Systems Programmer    wcarlson@vh.org         | Anything is possible,