Re: Afterstep logs me out consistently.

Prapanna Tiwari (prapanna@ti.com)
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:43:08 +0530 (IST)

It's unpredictable. I have a sequence of commands in xemacs using
which I can make it crash every time. I have consistently made it
crash 5 times before I was convinced it's not just a fluke. What I do
is I try to create a virtual folder, give subject as the pattern
matching category and press a tab after specifying the regular
expression to be matched. All it takes is to press enter after that
and boom!!I am logged out.

Another application is a chip router tool (Apollo) which, as it runs,
opens several gui windows rapidly. Even here it comes out randomly.

In one case before logging me out it mentioned that Xserver connection
was killed. I suspect it could be a problem with xserver. I am
upgrading my Sun-OS patch and see if it goes away.

regards,
prapanna.