Re: No afterstep binary after compilation

Stelios Bounanos (sb@dial.pipex.com)
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:04:51 +0100

 > Since no one here seems willing/able to assist with the question i asked
 > a week ago, are there any other forums i should try posting to?

 > On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:24:55 -0500 (CDT) Dan Ramaley <daniel.ramaley@DRAKE.EDU> wrote:

 >> Hello. I have Mandrake 8.2 PPC installed on an Apple Powerbook and am
 >> trying to get my favorite window manager (AfterStep, of course!)
 >> installed on it. I downloaded AfterStep-1.8.11.tar.bz2 and did the usual
 >> ./configure ; make ; make install. However, after doing that i could not
 >> find the afterstep binary. Everything else was as i expected.
 >> /usr/local/share/afterstep was created and populated with files, several
 >> additions were made to both /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/man/man1, and
 >> there was also a /usr/share/gnome/wm-properties/AfterStep.desktop file
 >> added to the system. But nothing named just plain "afterstep." Is there
 >> a trick to getting the main binary to compile?

Hello,

Are you certain there were no compilation errors? Does the afterstep
binary exist in your build directory (in src/afterstep/) after make?

Try again with something like:

(./configure && make && make install) 2>make-err.log

and check make-err.log for any error output...

Rgds,
/-sb.