Re: naive question for beginner

richard noel fell (fell01@rcn.com)
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 17:04:52 -0400

I use startx so I have to call .xinitrc. I must ask how this is done and what
do I put in that file which I must create since there is none at this time.
(There is, however, one in/etc/X11/xinit.)
  By the way, I did create an executable .Xsessions file as you suggested and
used both kdm and xdm to startx. Howerver, nothing was different. The same
interface as before.

Thanks for all your help and patience,
Dick Fell