Re: Misc issues

Leonard Nutley (leonutley@snowcrest.net)
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 17:18:07 -0700

On 02 Aug 2002 23:12:24 -0400
Frank Gore <fgore@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> 2a) How can I make it so that I can drag my windows onto other screens
> of the same desktop without experiencing the delay set for
> EdgeResistance in the feel file? I like to keep this value high
> because I'm a klutz with the mouse and often switch desktops by
> accident with the default setting, but I hate having to wait 1.5
> seconds for the view to switch when I'm dargging a window. Window
> Maker allows this, but I hate Window Maker.

Using the 2nd Mouse button within the pager may no be what you want, but
that's how I alternately move stuff around.

> 2b) Is there any way to pan to different desktops without using the
> Pager?

I have my setup to use <Ctrl><Arrow> - this probably is the default.

in my feel file somewhere under "Key binding":
#------------------------------------------------
#
# Keys actions
#
# control + arrow = 1 page
Key Left        A       C       Scroll -100 0
Key Right       A       C       Scroll +100 +0
Key Up          A       C       Scroll +0   -100
Key Down        A       C       Scroll +0   +100

# alt + arrow = 1/10 page
Key Left        A       M       Scroll -10 +0
Key Right       A       M       Scroll +10 +0
Key Up          A       M       Scroll +0  -10
Key Down        A       M       Scroll +0  +10

# shift + arrow = move cursor
Key Left        A       S       CursorMove -1 0
Key Right       A       S       CursorMove +1 +0
Key Up          A       S       CursorMove +0 -1
Key Down        A       S       CursorMove +0 +1

# shift + control + arrow = change desktop
Key Left        A       SC      Desk 0 0
Key Right       A       SC      Desk 0 1
Key Up          A       SC      Desk 0 2
Key Down        A       SC      Desk 0 3