Re: Why aftersetp don't use Xdnd?

Geoff Burling (llywrch@agora.rdrop.com)
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:28:57 -0700 (PDT)

On 16 Sep 2002, Pachara Tinamas wrote:

> I think afterstep use OfficX to make Drag&Drop action.
> Why afterstep don't usr Xdnd? I see many program, such as gnome mozilla
> xemacs, use Xdnd. And if afterstep use Xdnd , it will support with many
> program.

If I understand correctly, when drag-&-drop was first added to AS,
the standard was OfficX; DnD/Xdnd (I've only seen it the first way -- DnD)
came around a few years later, & I suspect no one has requested this
feature be updated to conform to DnD standards.

However, looking back over the AS mail list, Sasha has mentioned he
is reworking the Gnome module to be gnome2 compliant. Perhaps adoption
of DnD will be one of the benefits we'll see from this.

Geoff