Re: XLock

Bob McClure Jr (robertmcclure@earthlink.net)
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:14:53 -0500

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 07:05:07PM +0200, Bartosz Wucke wrote:

> Bob McClure Jr wrote:
> >On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 06:15:35PM -0400, ^(o,o)^ Turk2000 wrote:
> >
> >>Hello!
> >>
> >> if I want to use the xlock instead of xscreensaver what is the option
> >>that I need to add to the autoexec file? I have tried with
> >>
> >>Exec 	"I"	sh xlock -mode random
> >>
> >>but it doesn't work.
> >>Thank you.
> >>

> Just a curious question:
> Why would you want to lock the screen just after launching Afterstep?

IIRC, invoking xlock causes it to watch the keyboard and mouse, and if
there is no activity for ten minutes, _then_ it pops up a
screensaver.  If invoked with "-lock" option, it will require a
password entry before restoring the screen.

Mind you, that's based on far-back (and usually defective) memory.  I
replaced xlock with xscreensaver, and I no longer have an xlock man
page to refer to.

Cheers,
robertmcclure@earthlink.net  http://www.cumbytel.com/~bobcatos/
Linux: because I want to get there today.  Without rebooting.