Re: asmail

Bartosz Wucke (sharp@solutions.net.pl)
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:47:20 +0200

Albert 'Tigr' Dorofeev wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Right. I *need* someone to test asmail, don't shy away.
> Or should I assume that everything works just fine?

For me it did. Until my net went down, as usually *growls at his ISP*
so I couldn't test it thoroughly. Hopefully will be able to give more feedback
today.

> Ok, things that are not there yet: animation and the display of
> numbers for the mail stats: new/old. The rest, I think, is there.
> Supported are: mbox, MailDir, POP3, APOP, IMAP.
>
> Now, anybody can tell me how I am supposed to place the mail
> stats numbers and the status info onto this thing?

Unless it's idling, just display status instead of numbers? In multi-mailbox
mode I think you could just give up the "old" section and display just "new" -
or display "new", and if none is found, then display "old" in a different
color? (would be good to have 3 or 4 colors then: New, Old, Status and
Delimeters (like /) (unless you make delimeters same as status)
Alternatively allow different fonts for old/new (i.e. *bold* for new?)