Re: Change Background without restart?

Bob Crochelt (crochelt@kpunet.net)
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 14:08:32 -0800 (AKDT)

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, Jess Balint wrote:

> Hi all, I am not yet familiar with all the features of AS yet. I have defined some new backgrounds in my asetroot file (hopefully that's the right place). I wish to update my desks to reflect the new backgrounds without restarting. Is this possible? Thanks.
>
> jess

Hi,
if you edit $/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/Start/Desktop/.include file to
include the directorys of pictures that you want to choose from, then
you can use the Desktop>pictures option in the root menu to change you
desktop background, in real time.

HTH

Bob Crochelt, MD, PhD, FACS

PO Box 9399
Ketchikan, Alaska 99901-4399

crochelt@kpunet.net or
bob99901@yahoo.com

at work:
rcrochelt@peacehealth.org

Too many Democrats learned the wrong lessons from the 1993-1994
health care battle. They think the only way to go is in small steps
acceptable to vested health care interests. The truth is we need
bold proposals that will really help poor people and that an aroused
public will fight for.

Senator Paul Wellstone