Re: Pager weirdness(?)

Ed Phillips (ed@udel.edu)
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:21:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Stelios Bounanos wrote:

> Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:28:02 +0000
> From: Stelios Bounanos <sb@dial.pipex.com>
> To: AfterStep Users <as-users@afterstep.org>
> Subject: Pager weirdness(?)
>
> Hello all,
>
> I'm experiencing some strange Pager behaviour with afterstep 1.8.3:
>
> 1. Stacked windows are not shown correctly when changing desktops/
>    pages. For example, I open two xterms in a page, the second one
>    partially obscuring the first. Then, when swithing to another page,
>    the pager immediately shows the first one that was opened as being
>    on top (without actually raising it).
>    This makes it practically impossible to move a window from a
>    cluttered page by dragging it out of the pager, since it usually
>    grabs the wrong one :-)

I am having the same problem on Solaris 9 with both the Sun-supplied 1.8.8
and the 1.8.11 I downloaded and built myself.  Any ideas of what is going
wrong?  This is very annoying for the Pager mini-windows stacking order to
be getting out of sync with the real-windows stacking order...

Thanks in advance!

	Ed

Ed Phillips <ed@udel.edu> University of Delaware (302) 831-6082
Systems Programmer III, Network and Systems Services
finger -l ed@polycut.nss.udel.edu for PGP public key