Re: mozilla pasting into aterm?

Geoff Burling (llywrch@agora.rdrop.com)
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 22:28:03 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Bartosz Wucke wrote:

> When I try to paste large chunks of text (above 4000 bytes) from Mozilla into
> Aterm, I get just a single random character to get pasted. I have to copy&paste
> several times with larger chunks of text. Does anyone else have this problem?
> Is this Aterm's fault or Mozilla's? (it seems that I can do this between
> Mozilla and xterm and then xterm and aterm, but directly it won't work)

I've seen the same thing, but assumed that I was overflowing the clipboard
in X. So as an experiment, I tried to paste large chunks of text between
Mozilla & rxvt. It appears that large chunks of text -- above approximately
4000 bytes -- also cause the same result.

I know rxvt & aterm share a lot of code. Maybe the problem lies there.

Geoff