Re: Pager problems

Mark Thorp Duxbury (marktd@bellsouth.net)
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 18:24:37 -0500

Greetings,

I was not able to get the 1.8.10-1 RPM to work with RH 8.0 (either building
from the SRPM or using the binary) - lots of X errors at startup.   What I
wound up having to do was to build an RPM from AfterStep-1.8.11.tar.bz2
(http://www.afterstep.org/Download.php - it includes a spec file so it's it's
easy... but I could email you the RPM if you like).  I also experienced some
odd problems with wharf animation using the stock RH 8.0 kernel (I think this
is related to RH changing HZ, I have to use a different kernel anyway so it
isn't a big deal for me).  Afterstep is working fine under stock RH 8.0 here
right now.  Hope this helps.

Mark