Re: Bug in Restart function?

Kacper Kornet (kornet@camk.edu.pl)
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:06:22 +0100

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 12:55:59AM -0500, Frank Gore wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm using AfterSte 1.8.10 on RedHat 8.0 When I call function Restart
> > afterstep windows from all desktops appear on the first one. I don't know
> > whether this is a known bug, I have something wrong in my configuration.
>
> Keep in mind there's a difference between "desktops" and "quadrants". In the
> default configuration, there are 4 desktops of 4 quadrants each (each
> desktop is split into 4 screens). When I restart AS, all windows contained
> in different quadrants of the same desktop get redrawn in the top-left
> quadrant.  This has always been the case for me. But windows contained on
> different desktops stay on their respective desktops.

I use only one desktop, so I meant that after Restart all winodws appear at
the top-left quadrant (viewport). Today I used my configuration files with
an older AfterStep (1.8.1), and here all windows remain their posiions after
Restart. So I think that sometimes must have changed between thoses two
versions of AfterStep (1.8.1 and 1.8.10).

--
  Kacper Kornet