Re: asetroot?

ZekeVarg (ZekeVarg@linux.se)
03 Mar 2003 21:06:34 +0100

mån 2003-03-03 klockan 10.52 skrev Albert 'Tigr' Dorofeev:
> Hi!
>
> You put the images into the directory
> ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/?desktop?/?backgrounds?
> or something like that ( I do not have it handy here)
> and then they will be available from the main
> AfterStep menu -> Desktop->Backgeround or something
> to that effect.
>
> Albert
Strangely the AfterStep meny ->Desktop->Picture doesn't work. I see a
lot of pictures including those I copied to use as background, but
nothing happens when trying to change background.

mån 2003-03-03 klockan 11.21 skrev Ales Ledvinka:
> > I've been looking a little at the asetroot manpage but don't quite
> > understand how to configure it. Could someone give me a simplifyed
> > lesson on how to set it up?
> > Regards Zeke
>
> (change paths options etc based on what you want it to do and what
>  already you can do from startmenu)
> look in paths as listed in output of "./afterstep -c"
> 	ShareDir for system wide configuration
> 	AfterDir for user configuration
>
> first to make asetroot run on afterstep startup:
> 	file: autoexec
> 		position: inside 'Function "InitFunction"' and if you want
> 			  to run it on afterstep-restart too then look
> 			  for 'Function "RestartFunction"' too.
> 		line: Module  "I"     asetroot 0 0 -l
>
> then the background
> 	file: asetroot
> ---cut-here
> MyBackground "back0"
>     Use 0 "~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/non-configurable/0_background"
> ~MyBackground
> MyBackground "back1"
>     Use 0 "~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/non-configurable/1_background"
>     Tint red
>     Cut  300x300
>     Scale 500x500
>     Pad 0 yellow
>     Align 4
> ~MyBackground
> *asetrootDeskBack  0  "back0"
> *asetrootDeskBack  1  "back1"
> ---cut-here
>
> where to put image files should be listed in .include file somwhere in
> "start" directory which contains something like "command Background"
> and some lines starting with "include ...thisdirectory" or into
> the directory containing .include file with "command Background"
Ok, asetroot loads and sets my background but I got the same picture on all
"backgrounds", I tried to set different pictures on each virtual desktop.
Can I get different pictures on each desktop?
Regards Zeke
--
ZekeVarg <ZekeVarg@linux.se>