Re: Bug in Restart function?

Frank Gore (fgore@sympatico.ca)
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:08:35 -0500

On March 19, 2003 09:58, Sasha Vasko wrote:

> I do think that 1.8.10 had some bugs in it and that was the reason we
> released 1.8.11. I know for the fact that this does not happen in 1.8.11

Actually it did for me, always has with every version. 1.8.10, 1.8.11, and
even some older ones, regardless of whether I used a pre-packaged binary or
compiled from source. I just figured it was "the way thngs are done". What I
ended up doing was use 4 different desktops with one screen each to avoid the
problem. It's more memory-intensive than one desktop with 4 screens, but it
works well and it allows me to set 4 different root backgrounds :)

Frank