Re: Looking forward...

Geoff Burling (llywrch@agora.rdrop.com)
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 22:16:19 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Sasha Vasko wrote:

[snip]

> For those who are interested in what other new features are there - read
> this :
>
> http://cvs.aftercode.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/afterstep-stable/NEW?rev=HEAD&only_with_tag=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Wow, a lot of neat new things! I was beginning to despair that we might
never see another release of AfterStep. (I depend on the mailing list to
keep up with developments, so I miss any information shared on the IRC
channel.)

> Current status is : AfterStep proper, Pager, Wharf and WinList are
> pretty much debugged, and should be ready for testing by general public.
> Currently I'm cleaning up icons/backgrounds/look/feel/etc, and as soo as
> I'm done I'll publish a tarball of 2.0.beta1

Looking forward to the download. Thanks for all of the hard work, Sasha!

> I also have two requests as related to that activity:
> 1) What themes should be supplied with AfterStep? I was going to get the
> best rated from as.themes.org but they all seem alike.

When I read this, I tried to look over the small collection I had made
from themes.freshmeat.net about a year ago, but I ended up making a
mess of my current theme. (It's a lame port of the WindowMaker theme
Noctilucent.)

If you'd like the list of the themes in my collection, I'd be happy to
forward it to you. I picked them mostly for the various ideas they
had, rather than their look or functionalities.

Otherwise, maybe once I see 2.0, I'll start playing with creating a
few themes for AS. If nothing else, it might inspire people with some
real creative skills to contribute something.

Geoff