Re: AS 1.99, AfterImage bug?

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Fri, 30 May 2003 08:34:21 -0500

Graydon wrote:
> Having got libAfter{Base,Image} packaged, and AfterStep 1.99.0 built, I
> tried to start it, using .xinitrc as per usual.
>
> The X server tries to start, I see the X pointer flash a few times, and
> then I'm back to the console.
>
> The error message I get is:
> /usr/bin/X11/afterstep: relocation error: /usr/lib/libAfterImage.so.0: undefined symbol: PTR2CARD32
>
> What'd I do wrong?

Not really sure. It seems to me that you managed to build libAfterImage
without libAfterBase headers, in which case you should have gotten
couple warning at compile time, as well as the above error message.

libAfterImage has abbreviated version of libAfterBase included to enable
stand alone compilation, and it was missing couple macros, which caused
them to be treated as functions, thus resulting in above error. I've
fixed that part, but you still need to check why libAfterImage does not
use libAfterBase headers.

Sasha