Re: compiling from cvs with redhat 9

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 17:00:41 +0200

Graydon wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 02:23:40PM +0200, François Patte scripsit:
>
>>Bonjour,
>>
>>Did anyone succeded to compile afterstep on redhat 9?
>

> Yes.  Generally without difficulty, in fact.
>
> I can mail you the spec files if you'd like?

Yes, please do! I succeeded, but the result is not very stable:
sometimes the session crashes... if I quit with a xterm opened, then
when I relogin the xterms are wider than the desktop...

Could you tell me how to use (or where I can find the way to use) spec
files?

I used ./configure with options i18n and LOCALE set to fr_FR.UTF-8 (as
it is set if you install RH-9 with language french.

By the way did you succeed in compiling aterm with UTF-8? Accented
characters are ugly in aterms!

Thank you.
--
François Patte. UFR de mathématiques et informatique.
45 rue des St Pères. 75270 Paris Cedex 06