Re: AfetrStep feature request :)

Graydon (oak@uniserve.com)
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 10:34:14 -0400

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 09:03:17AM -0500, Sasha Vasko scripsit:
> Alexei V. Mezin wrote:
> >Winidow moving is too slow. :(
>
> This is something that I have a major trouble to understand. See, window
> moving works perfectly for me, and at least 50% of other ppl I've talked
> to. Yet there is another 50% who are dissatisfied. Could you please
> describe your experience in more details ?

Windows move in an oddly jerky way for me (I'm assuming that this is the
edge mapping, and I'm quite willing to get used to it) but they also do
two things I think they shouldn't.

    They won't appear until I click on them.
    eg. asmail starts konsole when I click on it; it doesn't create the
    window, it creates a potential window that isn't there until I
    click on it.  Same with download dialog boxes, message popups from
    applications, and so on.

    The 'to foreground'/'to background' functions work as expected if
    I'm clicking on the title bar/window frame at the bottom, but if I
    use the "This Window" menu, it sometimes ignores shaded windows and
    otherwise acts a bit peculiar.  Are they the same function?

    The "This Window" menu versions often wait to work until I click on
    some window to raise it, as well; shouldn't it apply itself
    immediately to the window it's being invoked from?

(Everything now working from packages; you were right about the build
order issue, all fixed now, and running happily for the last three days.)

--
oak@uniserve.com | Uton we hycgan    hwaer we ham agen,