Re: current cvs builds but crashes

Graydon (oak@uniserve.com)
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:04:53 -0400

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 09:17:32AM -0500, Sasha Vasko scripsit:
> Graydon wrote:
> >Builds fine; the previous 1.99.0 version I was using runs fine on top of
> >current libAfterBase/libAfterImage
> >
> >However, when I go to start it, I get the various usual :
> >
> >/usr/bin/X11/afterstep: relocation error:
> >/usr/X11R6/lib/libAfterStep.so.0: undefined symbol: flip_gradient
>
> you may need to do
>
> make clean
>
> prior to building it.

I did a clean download of afterstep-stable from cvs just now, copied it
to a directory called AfterStep-1.99.0, and tarred it up with everything
but /CVS.

I'm using a spec file with

./configure --prefix=/usr/X11R6 --datadir=/usr/share \
        --with-desktops=1 \
        --with-deskgeometry=2x3 \
        --disable-staticlibs

as the configure line.

Adding 'make clean' before 'make' in the spec file, I still get

/usr/bin/X11/afterstep: relocation error: /usr/X11R6/lib/libAfterStep.so.0: undefined symbol: flip_gradient

As the only output from AfterStep before X server shutdown.

Interestingly enough, if I try 'afterstep -v' I get the same error with
that build but *not* with the previous one, which politely tells me

11:36 graydon % afterstep -v
AfterStep version 1.99.0

--
oak@uniserve.com | Uton we hycgan    hwaer we ham agen,