Re: Start menus

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:52:22 -0500

DSullinger@dot.state.az.us wrote:

> Now I've actually started working on my own customized theme.  I've got my
> own GNUstep directory under my Home.  The problem is, as I add any menu
> items under start, all the global start items from
> /usr/local/share/afterstep/start are gone.  I have to copy all those items I

Normal way is to copy entire start menu tree from /usr/local/share/afterstep

Alternatively you could also add or modify .include file in your home's
start menu to include other menu without copying it. Add the following
line to it :

include "/usr/local/share/afterstep/start"

> want to show up over to my home.  Then when I placed the "feels" directory
> to my home, I got double menu items showing up.

Again, modify ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/start/Desktop/Feels/.include
file and comment out the line that says :

include "/usr/local/share/afterstep/feels" ChangeFeel

More sensible way thou is to keep only your modified feel files in your
home directory.

Same goes for Looks and Backgrounds as well.

> Ideas?
>
> Thanks

Sasha