Re: Default directory for AfterStep data files

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:59:47 -0500

Graydon wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 09:09:25AM -0500, Sasha Vasko scripsit:
>
>>As the matter of fact  - you only need to copy those files that you
>>are about to modify. In fact I highly discourage experienced users
>>from copying entire tree, as that may make upgrading to future
>>versions of AS harder, as you won't be able to pick up updated
>>icons/fonts/etc.
>

> In 2.0 and subsequent, where are we supposed to put our local icons?

It all depends on what your PixmapPath, IconPath and FontPath are set.
By default they are set to look in 2 locations :

in /usr/local/share/afterstep
and in ~/gla/  (at the moment)

Idea is that fonts and icons distributed with AS should stay in
/usr/local/share/afterstep, but all the icons/TTF fonts that you
created/download/etc yourself should go into ~/gla/