Re: AS and national codepage

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:54:47 -0500

Alexei V. Mezin wrote:
> Sasha V. wrote:
>
>> I never initialize localized text
>> handling :) Fixed it. Hopefully.
>> It too late into night to properly test it, so it still may not work,
>> but I'll get back to it.
>>

> Still not working. There was error while compiling with --enable-i18n:
> getenv(LANG) should be getenv("LANG") in asapp.c. But it does not work,

fixed this one.

> no russian letters :(

./configure was not propagating --enable-i18n down to libAfterImage
properly. I fixed it and now I can get locxalized text in tbars
properly. Both KOI8R and cp1251 work fine. Sidenote here is that you
better use TTF fonts in your look, and those fonts must include
appropriate glyphs ( Default*.ttf fonts in distro do include most of the
usable UNICODE ).

Also I have added -L <codepage> command line option to AfterStep ( and
modules ) that allows you to override LANG env var. Alternatively
--with-locale could be used to specify locale at compile time.

Let me know if you get any further problems

Privet
Sasha